Thursday, November 8, 2007

On two new albums of Robert Pollard

Robert Pollard released Standard Gargoyle Decisions and Coast to Coast Carpet of Love at the same time last month. I happen to have a chance to listen to them at Merge Records website.

It's said that two different sides of his music style are dissolved into these two new works in some written material at that site, which I agree with. His style shows some regular pattern which starts with a beatlesque one and ends with a noisy one. As far as I'm concerned I prefer the former even though I don't like that much of the Beatles. Thus Coast to Coast was pleasing to my ears compared to Standard Gargoyle. The mixture of them reminded me of some of the highlight of Guided by Voices' career because I listened to those albums in a row.

ROBERT POLLARD OFFICIAL WEBSITE

No comments: