Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A friend from Netherlands

Last week when I was about to quit my ex-company, I've got a call from a long-lost friend. Actually it wasn't that long. About a year and a half ago, I guess.

He was in Holland, so I didn't send an invitation to him. He couldn't come to my wedding ceremony but I made a phone call to him during my honeymoon. We're supposed to meet in Paris but he arrived there later than expected. Thus it didn't work at that time. I delayed my departure in the last minute but that one day can make it happen. Neither because of that. In fact my wife really wanted to stay there for one more day and I was glad to postpone it.

He said he's been living together with his girlfriend and that makes me think of many things. I was a little bit depressed when he had to leave his wife a couple years ago. It was a complicated situation which none can help but thinking of escaping from his own reality.

I happen to meet him exactly when I need to, which I think it's a kind of coincidence. These days these things happen three times including this. I don't know why but it's retrospective moment for me.

No comments: